Veterans: We Support You With Our Mission To Offer Outstanding Careers With You In Mind.
At Averitt, we believe every veteran deserves to work with a team that has your back – and a company that has your future. That’s why we don’t just take pride in our veteran truck drivers, we take care of them.
Averitt was recently nationally recognized as a Military-Friendly Company, Military Friendly Brand and Military Spouse Friendly Employer. And each year, Averitt commits itself to adding more veterans to our growing team. So, no matter which branch you served, or what your specialty might be, we have a uniform waiting for you. Turn here.
“We strongly believe that every veteran deserves to work for a company that values their service,” Chairman and CEO Gary Sasser, who served in the U.S. Marine Reserves, says. “We are proud to be a place that our nation’s service members can call home.”
Why are more CDL-A truck drivers turning to Averitt?
- Fantastic home time options:
- 93% of our regional CDL-A truck drivers are home by noon on Saturday and average 65+ hours at home each week
- Dedicated & flatbed CDL-A truck drivers enjoy weekly or even daily home time
- Local CDL-A truck drivers are home daily
- Competitive pay
- 8 paid holidays (after 30 days) and paid time off (after 90 days)
- Excellent insurance coverage that includes medical, prescription, dental, vision and hearing starting as low as $88.90/week for family plans and $34.15/week for individual plans
- Company-sponsored per diem program
- Averitt pays you $69/day for meals and incidental expenses when out of town overnight
- Flat rate means no receipts required
- Tax free
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Profit-sharing program in which our profits are given back to you as monthly direct deposits into your retirement account
- Referral rewards – cash bonuses for referrals
- A network of 100+ safe, secure facilities for parking with first-class driver amenities
- Averitt’s fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional truck driver jobs. Drivers can change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
In the past 5 years, we have proudly transferred 800 regional drivers to other Averitt units as their lifestyle and career paths changed.