CDL-A Shuttle Truck Drivers play an integral role by transporting LTL freight overnight between service centers throughout our network. Because most shuttle drivers rarely have to touch the freight itself, your job is as simple as dropping, hooking and getting back on the road. Shuttle drivers enjoy daily home time, which is more than just a little perk for a job like this one.
CDL-A Shuttle Truck Driver Benefits:
- Competitive pay making up to .765 CPM (depending on experience)
- Average $1,797.75 per week; $93,483 per year (while making top-out pay of .765 CPM)
- Average 2,350 miles per week
- Daily home time
- Transport LTL freight overnight between service centers throughout our network
- Paid time off including 8 paid holidays
- Excellent insurance coverage that includes medical, prescription, dental, vision, and hearing starting as low as $94.55/week for family plans and $36.45/week for individual plans effective after 30 days
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Profit-Sharing plan allows you to share in the rewards of our efforts, with a portion of our profits given back to you as monthly direct deposits into your retirement account
- Referral rewards - cash bonuses for referrals
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional truck driver jobs. Drivers can change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
From working with top-notch colleagues and learning new skills, to teaming up with people who take pride in their jobs (and yours) - once you get a taste of the Averitt culture, you'll want in for the long haul. In fact, nearly 15% of our associates have been with us for more than 20 years.
Ready to make a change? APPLY NOW to be an Averitt CDL-A Shuttle Driver!
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Minimum 4 months' (1 year preferred) tractor-trailer experience within past 3 years
- Drivers must have Class A CDL with Hazmat & Tanker endorsements (tanker required for portable totes)
- No convictions for Reckless Driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations within the last 5 years
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with fatality)
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years
- No Preventable DOT Recordable accidents within the past 3 years
- Move freight - force requirement: 54 lbs
- Open/close trailer door - force requirement: 46 lbs
- Hook/Unhook trailer - force requirement: 90 lbs
- Enter/Exit a Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Enter/Exit the rear of a trailer from ground level
- Perform pre-trip inspections
- Regular predictable attendance
LeadFlex Job ID: 320372
External ID: 230515
Worklist ID: DAL Grand Prairie TX
Post Date: 09/15/2023