Part Time CDL-A Local Truck Drivers with Averitt are the champions of the local area, earning the opportunity to develop long-term relationship with the customers they serve. As a local driver, you'll enjoy in-cab technology that makes communicating with dispatch and navigating routes a seamless process. If it's daily home time you're looking for, then becoming a local driver for Averitt is an ideal position for you!
THIS IS A PART TIME POSITION WITH A MAXIMUM OF 29 HOURS WEEKLY
Part Time CDL-A Local Driver Benefits:
- Competitive hourly pay making up to $31.75/hour(based on experience)
- Daily home time
- Profit Sharing plan allows you to share in the rewards of our efforts, with a portion of our profits given back to you as monthly direct deposits into your retirement account
- Referral rewards - cash bonuses for referrals
- Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional truck driver jobs. Drivers can change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
From working with top-notch colleagues and learning new skills, to teaming up with people who take pride in their jobs (and yours) - once you get a taste of the Averitt culture, you'll want in for the long haul. In fact, nearly 15% of our associates have been with us for more than 20 years.
Ready to make a change? APPLY NOW to be an Averitt Part Time CDL-A Local Driver!
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- 21 years of age
- Minimum 4 months' (1 year preferred) tractor-trailer experience within past 3 years
- Drivers must have Class A CDL
- Hazmat and tanker endorsements preferred; must be willing to obtain endorsements
- No convictions for reckless driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations within the past 5 years
- No serious violations within the previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offenses committed in a CMV in connection with a fatality)
- No more than 3 moving violations within past 3 years
- No Preventable DOT Recordable accidents within the past 3 years
- Load freight - lift requirement: 80 lbs
- Unload freight -lift requirement: 80 lbs
- Move freight - force requirement: 54 lbs
- Open/close trailer door - force requirement: 46 lbs
- Enter/Exit a Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Enter/Exit the rear of a trailer from ground level
- Count freight
- Complete bill of lading
- Complete fuel tickets
- Obtain sales leads
- Secure extra shipments
- Hook/Unhook trailer - force requirement: 90 lbs
- Complete delivery receipt
- Perform pre-trip inspections
- Regular predictable attendance
- Operate forklift
LeadFlex Job ID: 319304
External ID: 228490
Worklist ID: OWN Owensboro KY
Post Date: 09/15/2023