Averitt is looking for elite drivers who are wanting to elevate their driving career by joining our On Tour Logistics team. Our entertainment drivers bring the fun and excitement to the open road while ensuring everything runs smoothly and efficiently. Are you ready to add some excitement to your driving? Join our On Tour Logistics team!
You must have 6 months of entertainment driving experience in the past 5 years to be hired as an Averitt CDL-A Production and Event Truck Driver.
You can still join the Averitt team if you do not have entertainment driving experience. After working with our regional driving team for 30 days, you can transfer into this position.
- Earn a weekly salary when on a tour or production run. Earn a guaranteed weekly minimum when hauling regional freight
- Competitive pay starting at $1,800 per week (with growth opportunities); $93,600 per year
- A major plus is when entertainment needs slow down, you don't! Our drivers move regional no-touch freight from service center to service center when they are not running production or on tours while making competitive mileage pay
- Must be committed to completing the tour once assigned
- Tour durations range between 10 days to 10 months
- Production runs last 7 days to 21 days
- Touring is a completely 'irregular route' opportunity. We operate in all 48 contiguous states and Canada. We do not go into Mexico.
- Haul gear for the artist, such as the stage, sound equipment, lights, and so much more!
- Required to assist in loading and unloading the trailer and secure with load bars and straps
- Good backing skills. Some venues will have unique arrangements for unloading, so having good backing skills is a must
- Mainly night driving
Plus, tons of exclusive Averitt perks you will love:
- Personal conveyance policy
- Uniform allotment to keep you riding in style
- Excellent, low-cost insurance benefits, including medical, prescription, dental, vision and hearing starting as low as $36.45/week for individuals and $94.55/week for families effective after 30 days
- Paid time off and 8 paid holidays
- Company-sponsored per diem program
- A career path that will take you where you want to go
- Profit-sharing program in which our profits are given back to you as monthly direct deposits into your retirement account
- Red Thinkin' Rewards - Earn gifts like iPads, laptops, TVs, vacations and more
See for yourself why 15% of our driving force has been with the team for 20 years or more!
With everything from unique advantages and established benefits to career path options and training opportunities, Averitt Express encourages you to look beyond the basics! Join Averitt to find exactly what you want in your driving career - apply for CDL-A Production and Event Truck Driver job opportunities today!
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Must live within 150-mile radius
- Must be 21 years of age or older
- Minimum of 6 months' verifiable tractor-trailer experience in the past 3 years to join as a regional driver
- 6 months of entertainment driving experience in the past 5 years is required to join straight in as a CDL-A Production and Event Truck Driver or you will need 30 days of experience with Averitt
- Must have a Class A CDL
- Must be willing to complete flatbed certification and hazmat endorsement
- No convictions for reckless driving within the past 5 years
- No convictions for DUI or DWI within the past 5 years
- No suspensions or revocations for a moving violation within the last 5 years
- No serious violations within previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with a fatality)
- No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years
- No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years
- Open/close trailer door - force requirement: 46 lbs
- Count freight
- Complete fuel tickets
- Hook/unhook trailer - force requirement: 90 lbs
- Perform pre-trip inspections
- Extensive travel - ability to sit upright for extended periods of time
- Move freight - force requirement: 54 lbs
- Regular predictable attendance
- Enter/exit a Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Enter/exit the rear of a trailer from ground level
LeadFlex Job ID: 120352
External ID: 163326
Worklist ID: Regional Driver
Post Date: 03/15/2023