Now hiring CDL-A Drivers with 4+ months of tractor trailer experience!
We have an immediate opening for full-time Shuttle Driver to help serve our dedicated automotive customer in Birmingham, Alabama.
Some of the responsibilities of an Averitt Shuttle Driver includes:
- Shuttle trailers from one building to the next, all on-site.
- Sunday through Friday 12:00 am- 8:00 am
- Occasional weekend work as customer demands
- May also fill in for runs that goes to Carrolton, GA (when that driver is out)
- Up to 48 hours a week
- Overtime applies after 40 hours per week
Experienced CDL-A Drivers (with 6 months of solo driving experience):
- Start pay of $16/ hour; reaching top out pay of $18/ hour in 12 months; .50 cent increments every 3 months.
Paid Training Programs:
If you have less than 6 months solo driving experience OR have been outside of the truck for a while, we have a paid training program tailored for each level of experience. Your recruiter will be able to tell you the best training program for you.
Regardless of the amount of training needed you will be paid eight hundred dollars per week while training; training time can range from 1-3 weeks. After training you will start at $16/ hour.
Check out these benefits of being a full-time Averitt CDL-A Driver:
- Family & individual BlueCross BlueShield medical coverage with 2 choices (PPO or high deductible health plan), dental, vision, prescription and hearing benefits package ALL starting as low as:
$81.70 per week for family coverage
$32.05 per week for single coverage
With the option of reduced medical premiums if you participate in the upcoming year's wellness initiatives.
- 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Paid Time Off (PTO/ vacation)
- Profit sharing, Traditional and Roth 401(k)
- Wellness programs available
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits.
- Company provided professional uniforms
- Wells Fargo banking products
- Flexible spending accounts
- Wellness programs available
- Other career advancement opportunities within Averitt
- Paid orientation in Cookeville, TN with free lodging, transportation and meals
- Red Thinkin' Rewards- points program that encourages you to meet specific fuel & service goals and in return earn points towards a selection of over 12,000 gift items.
- Referral rewards- cash bonuses for referrals
- Weekly direct payroll deposits
- Associate discounts (on vehicles, computers, cell phone service, etc.)
- A professional atmosphere with quality people since 1971!
Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional positions. Drivers have the opportunity to change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership.
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.