Dedicated/supply chain drivers enjoy the many privileges that come with having consistent customers. Unlike some driver positions, this one gives you a better idea of the number of miles and hours each week holds, which means you'll have a better idea of what to expect in every paycheck. And because you know your customers and their typical freight load, you'll never be surprised or slowed down by unusual shipments.
CDL-A Dedicated Truck Driver Benefits:
- Competitive pay:
- Average $1,300 per week / $65,000 per year
- Starting pay 47.5 cpm
- Top pay 48.5 cpm reached after 90 days
- Average 2,000 - 2,300 miles per week
- Unloading pay is .125 per case which could average $125- $250 per load
- Tub pick up is $15/ trailer (tub/ container that holds the small merchandise)
- Company sponsored per diem program
- Drivers will be home on weekends
- Dispatches Sunday afternoon through Monday noon
- Sunday dispatch= home on Friday; Monday dispatch= home Friday evening or Saturday morning
- Drivers typically run 2 routes per week
- Taking pre-loaded trailers in Lebanon, TN and delivering to Cracker Barrel stores (merchandise, not food) coast to coast
- Merchandise for each store is divided by a bulkhead; freight is not all mixed together
- Runs will vary weekly; bid on regional runs later; any backhauls will vary as well
- Must setup ramp and two-wheel freight into the customers storeroom (most stops take 1+ hours to unload)
- All drivers will ride with a Dedicated Averitt driver on this account for the 1st week to ensure a complete understanding of the customer's processes and procedures. This will be paid at a flat rate of $800 for the 1st week only
- During slower months (January - July) if not needed on this account you will be expected to work at another supply chain site, this will allow you to continue getting weekly work
- Paid time off including 8 paid holidays (after 90 days)
- Excellent insurance coverage that includes medical, prescription, dental, vision and hearing starting as low as $93.95/week for family plans and $36.95/week for individual plans
- Company-paid life insurance and short-term disability benefits
- Profit Sharing plan allowsyou to share in the rewards of our efforts, with a portion of our profits given back to you as monthly direct deposits into your retirement account
- Referral rewards - cash bonuses for referrals
- Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional truck driver jobs. Drivers can change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership
- PAID TRAINING! Recent trucking school grads OR 1+ month verifiable experience in the past 3 years OR 6 months' verifiable experience in the past 5 years
- We love our Veterans! See below for more information on our GI Bill Training Program.
If you are eligible for GI Bill benefits, you can earn up to $1,140 per month tax free, using your available Post 9/11 GI Bill funds, PLUS your weekly Averitt paycheck, PLUS up to $4,800 tuition/transition bonus from Averitt (paid weekly)!
We ARE NOT a truck driving school, you must have your CDL-A to join our team.
- Must have previously served in the U.S. military or have a family member with Post 9/11 GI Bill benefits available. To check to see if you have available benefits, please call the V.A at 888-442-4551. It could take the V.A. approximately 90 days to determine eligibility.
- If you qualify for the Post 9/11 GI benefits, you are eligible to get up to 12 monthly payments from the V.A. while you receive on-the-job training.
- You will receive 6 weeks of behind-the-wheel training at $800/week. During the remaining 46 weeks you will work with a mentor and leadership for follow-up training and communication.
- Eligible Veterans will complete all required paperwork during orientation. Benefit checks are paid directly from the Department of Veteran Affairs - not Averitt - usually 4-6 weeks after training begins.
- Must have a valid CDL-A with Post 9/11 GI benefits available
- Must have graduated from one of our approved truck driving schools in the past 180 days OR have any tractor trailer experience in the past 10 years (recruiter will review eligibility; military driving experience considered)
Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.