CDL-A Dedicated Truck Driver

Dedicated drivers enjoy the many privileges that come with having consistent customers. Unlike some driver positions, this one gives you a better idea of the number of miles and hours each week holds, which means you'll have a better idea of what to expect in every paycheck. And because you know your customers and their typical freight load, you'll never be surprised or slowed down by unusual shipments.
  • Competitive pay:
    • Average $1,356 per week / $70,538 per year
    • Starting pay .53 cpm
    • Reaching top pay of .54 cpm within 30 days
    • Average 2,350 miles per week
    • Stop pay of $17.50 per delivery stop
      • Average 5 stops per week
    • Detention, breakdown, and layover pay available
    • Company sponsored per diem program
  • Home weekly
  • Home by Friday 85% of the time; remaining 15% varies, but usually no later than Saturday by noon. Dispatch can usually accommodate drivers who want to run over the weekend.
  • Deliver palletized freight to hardware distributors throughout the South, Midwest and Northeast
  • Our primary routes take us from Louisville, KY to Texas, Florida, Wisconsin, Iowa, Carolinas, Michigan, and occasionally Pennsylvania
  • On rare occasions we have routes that run to the West coast but usually have drivers volunteer for these runs
  • Some deliveries, 5%-10%, require the use of a pallet jack to move freight to the rear of the trailer
  • Receiving customers generally have the pallet jack on site

CDL-A Dedicated Truck Driver Benefits:
  • Paid time off including 8 paid holidays
  • Most benefits are effective after 30 days
  • Excellent insurance coverage that includes medical, prescription, dental, vision and hearing starting as low as $88.90/week for family plans and $34.15/week for individual plans
  • Rider policy available for legally married spouses
  • Profit Sharing plan allowsyou to share in the rewards of our efforts, with a portion of our profits given back to you as monthly direct deposits into your retirement account
  • Referral rewards - cash bonuses for referrals
  • Averitt's fleet includes local, dedicated, and regional truck driver jobs. Drivers can change their driving preferences as their careers progress, including opportunities in operations and leadership

Ready to make a change? APPLY NOW to be an Averitt CDL-A Dedicated Truck Driver!

Averitt Express is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.

  • Must live within a 150 mile radius
  • Must have 6 months' verifiable tractor-trailer experience in the past 3 years
  • Must have Class A CDL
  • Must be 21 years of age or older
  • No convictions for reckless driving within the past 5 years
  • No convictions for DUI within the past 5 years
  • No suspensions or revocations within the last 5 years
  • No serious violations within the previous 12 months (15 mph or greater, following too closely, improper passing, traffic offense committed in a CMV in connection with fatality)
  • No more than 3 moving violations within the past 3 years
  • No preventable DOT recordable accidents within the past 3 years
Essential functions:
  • Load freight - lift requirement: 80 lbs
  • Unload freight - lift requirement: 80 lbs
  • Move freight - force requirement: 54 lbs
  • Open/Close Trailer Doors - force requirement: 46 lbs
  • Count freight
  • Complete fuel tickets
  • Obtain sales leads
  • Hook/Unhook trailer - force requirement: 90 lbs (Class A Only)
  • Perform pre-trip inspections
  • Drive
  • Regular predictable attendance
  • Enter/Exit a Commercial Motor Vehicle
  • Enter/Exit the rear of a trailer from ground level

LeadFlex Job ID: 36963

External ID: 152346

Worklist ID: Supply Chain Driver

Post Date: 09/15/2022

Quick App

Verified
Send non-qualified Vr leads?